Pages

Monday, May 14, 2007

Personal Achievement

“A graduation ceremony is an event where the commencement speaker tells thousands of students dressed in identical caps and gowns that 'individuality' is the key to success.” – Robert Purvis

This past Saturday officially marked the accomplishment of one of the largest goals in my life. I have officially graduated from university with a Bachelor of Arts in English and a minor in Art!

I will certainly miss the thrill of studying literature in the traditional classroom setting with my friends and the good professors (thought I will not miss the exams!); however, I know that I am more than able to apply the knowledge that I have gained to my writings and my further exploration of literature.

Currently, my plan is to continue working on my novels and to continue my education by gaining a Master’s degree in Library Science.

To congratulate my friends and fellow graduates, I will close with these two quotes:


“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. You are the guy who'll decide where to go.” – Dr. Seuss

“Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments: